Here you will find information on meetings, training classes, and more about the Benton County, MO Community Emergency Response Team!
Join us in the BC MO CERT Group on Facebook to be a part of the discussion!
FREE Basic Training Classes:
CERT basic training MUST be a cumulative minimum 20-hour training course. We have scheduled more hours than necessary each day to allow for practical applications, discussions, questions, and more.
CERT classes are completely FREE of charge and you do not need to bring anything to class with you. If you register at Deployment Level 2 or above, you will be provided with a CERT pack and/or CERT PPE at the conclusion of your training! We also ask you to complete select, free, online FEMA Independent Study courses depending on the level of activity you wish to pursue with the group. See the Deployment Levels flyer below for which FEMA courses we ask for by level and click here to get to our FEMA Training Links page.
Upcoming BC MO CERT classes:
Our next training class is scheduled for Monday and Thursday nights from 6 PM to 9 PM beginning September 16th and will take place in Cole Camp at the Cole Camp & Rural Fire Department located at 309 S Boonville, Cole Camp, MO 65325
Lead Trainer: Samantha Henley
- Monday, September 16 – Units 1 Disaster Preparedness and 6 CERT Organization Guest Trainer: Jeremy Troester
- Thursday, September 19 – Unit 6 cont. and Emergency Communications Training Guest trainers: Members of the BC ARES
- Monday, September 23 – Unit 2 Fire Safety Guest trainer: WFPD Volunteer Firefighter Kentton Harris
- Thursday, September 26 – Units 3 Disaster Medical Operations Part 1 and 4 Disaster Medical Operations Part 2 Guest trainers: TBA
- Monday, September 30 – Unit 7 Disaster Psychology Guest trainer: Psychology Student Linzie Griffith
- Thursday, October 3 – Unit 5 Light Search and Rescue Guest trainers: Cole Camp Police Dept. personnel TBA
- Monday, October 7 – Unit 8 Terrorism and CERT and Unit 9 Review Guest trainer: Benton County Sheriff’s Department Deputy Stormy Walker
- Thursday, October 10 – Written Test/Final Disaster Scenario ALL trainers and first responders available will be on site for this event.
FREE ADVANCED CERT TRAINING CLASSES:
We will be hosting an “ADVANCED” CERT 2-day training class on September 20-21, 2019 at the Benton County 911 building located at 1231 Hirsch Pkwy Warsaw, MO 65355.
Requirements: Have previous emergency experience (retired or active first responder/military/emergency management, worked with another emergency organization like the American Red Cross/ARES/Faith Based response group, etc.); complete a background check with the MSHP; complete the FEMA IS-100, IS-200, IS-317, IS-700, and IS-800 prior to training; and register with the BC MO CERT as Level 4 to take part in the Rural Region A CERT program.
About the Advanced CERT training class: Trainees must meet the 20-hour minimum basic CERT course. We run two twelve-hour days with all three meals sponsored by local businesses. You do not have to bring anything with you. Please wear pants and sturdy footwear, as half of our lessons are hands-on practicals.
For further questions or to sign up for an upcoming class, please contact CERT trainer Samantha Henley at email@example.com or at 573-569-3673 and she will assist you!
CERT Frequently Asked Questions Flyer for use by any CERT team members: CERT FAQ Flyer
CERT Flyer for the front of training binders: CERT Binder Flyer
All CERT paperwork/forms for CERT team members: CERT Forms
New CERT Trifold Flyer: CERT Trifold